Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Decorating for the Winter Ball
One of the perks of my job is that I have the opportunity to interact with many energetic, enthusiastic, and creative teenagers outside of class. When an educator can share time together in extracurricular activities with students after school hours, the rapport deepens as each understands that the individual is more than just a person in their classroom role. It is important to see the students as part of their families and communities to develop an appreciation for who they are as future leaders and citizens. Such was the case today. I was supervising several students who were decorating for the Winter Ball tonight. I hadn't really wanted to go back to school on this cold, snowy Saturday, but as soon as I began helping these pupils, I was aware of their dedication to getting this job done in a light hearted manner. Tonight I will head again to the decorated cafeteria for four hours to chaperone, and undoubtedly it will be an enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment