Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, February 11, 2013

Feb. 11, 2013

Winters in the North Country are brutal with temperatures dipping below zero for days on end, winds whipping across the fields and through the hundred year old homes, and snow drifts making roadways impassable and sidewalks non-existent. We are teased by the occasional days of warmth when the sun appears briefly, and then the frigid weather descends again forcing the citizens to seek shelter. Heating these houses is often difficult and always expensive. People budget year round for the expense of keeping warm in the winter. Fortunately, our local fuel oil company is owned  by a family who has been involved in the community for years. They are a fine example of a business which has been successful and is always willing to help meet the needs of our inhabitants.  I gave Kim a call to ask if I could assist in paying for someone's fuel oil bill. She gratefully accepted my offer, and at my request, she chose the recipient for me. I thank her for her aid. My wish is that this small sum of money will allow one family a little extra in their budget this month  . Keep warm, my friends. Spring is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment