Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, February 4, 2013

Feb. 4, 2013

Children in Tanzania
I must give the credit for this idea to my older son who reminded me recently about the wonderful organization called Kiva. This is a non-profit group which connects micro finance institutions with people around the world who need a loan to start or continue a small business. It is fascinating to search the website www.kiva.org to see the projects that are taking place in far-off lands knowing that these people can earn money to help their families by being successful in their operations. I chose to lend a woman $25 to expand her sewing business - a trade which is dear to my heart. I will enjoy following her progress. Take a few minutes to read the Kiva stories, and you may find a person in whom you wish to invest.

No comments:

Post a Comment