Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Feb. 16, 2013

Place Jacques Cartier, Montreal
I was unsure if today's idea for a random act of kindness would be successful, but decided that unless I tried to carry it out, I would never know. My destination was the nearby gas station owned by a great local family. I approached the clerk at the cash register and asked her if anyone was paying cash for their gas at that moment. I had noticed several cars at the pumps, but I realize that many drivers use a card for gas purchases. She informed me that the man just finishing was coming in to pay for his gas. I glanced outside and saw an older couple around 70 years old walking towards the store. I quickly explained that I wanted to leave some money towards their purchase as my good deed for the day to which she smiled and agreed to do so. As I was driving away, I noticed that these people were from Canada. What a nice surprise for our Canadian neighbors. I was delighted that I could complete an international action of kindness this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment