Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Feb. 24, 2013

" A grateful nation remembers a generation of quiet heroes"     Abraham Lincoln


WWII Veteran
There are days when I wonder what acts of kindness I might spread. I rarely have a particular deed planned ; I prefer to respond spontaneously to a need that I discover that day. Such was the case today. This morning I read an interesting article in our local newspaper describing an organization called National Honor Flight Network and its local  group whose goal is to raise funds to provide trips for WWII vets to visit the memorials  dedicated to their service in Washington, DC. It was explained that 900 of these veterans are dying each day, and many of them have not seen these monuments honoring their sacrifice. I went on their website and donated some money to the servicemen and women in our area to assist in paying for one of the trips. It seems a small gift in comparison to the commitment they have shown to our country.  You can obtain  more information at www.northcountryhonorflight.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment