Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013 Pizza for My Seniors

My Seniors
This morning I bid farewell to my seniors, a unique collection of intelligent, creative, and entertaining students. They were finishing presenting their final projects, and it was a perfect opportunity to provide them with a lunch of pizza, wings, and soda. I have worked with most of this group for four years. We have shared much - lessons galore, trips abroad and to Quebec, serious class discussions, and laughter so hard you start to cry! There have been days when I thought I would never reach them and others when I was ready to adopt them. For better and for worse, I understand them, and they understand me as a teacher as well as someone who has always cared about their education, their well-being, and their dreams. Now their next adventure begins. I have helped to give them wings; now their flight begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment