Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 22-23, 2013 Celebrating Education#Lifelong Learning

A Few Of My Retired Friends
June weekends are filled with opportunities to celebrate milestones in education. Yesterday offered a chance to thank my colleagues from years ago at a gathering to acknowledge me joining their ranks as retired. They had plenty of words of wisdom for the newcomer! As I reflect on a rewarding career, I remember how much they helped me when I joined this school district, and I understand that I will need to continue to support education efforts in this country. So, with that in mind I made a donation to www.donorschoose.org which is a site where educators can explain a special project they want to do with their students, and the public can help fund it. Today I will attend some graduation parties and congratulate these students who are moving on the next phase of the education process known as college. Everyone in the United States has a vested interest in education, and I firmly believe we need to support each other in the lifelong path of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment