Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 29, 2013 RAK at the Grocery Store

Assorted Modes of Transportation, New Orleans
I am the shortest among my four siblings, but by most standards I am considered tall which often comes in handy at the grocery store. I had passed a elderly woman in several aisles this morning, and when I reached the baking section, I could see her studying the shelves carefully. She was searching for a cheesecake mix which I spotted on the top shelf. I offered to get it for her, and she smiled adding that she had shrunk several inches this past year. We had  quite a lengthy discussion about cheesecake as I continued to grab several boxes for her to examine until she finally selected one. Later,while loading my purchases into my car, I noticed another woman who was walking with her bags of groceries, so I asked her if she wanted a ride. She accepted gladly. It would have been a long walk on this showery day. I find it rewarding to spread random acts of kindness at the local store.

No comments:

Post a Comment