Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June 12, 2013 Morning Rendez-Vous #RAK

Children Cooling Off,  New York City
I was meant to meet the woman behind me in the line at the grocery store. She was deep in thought when I joined the line, and as she pushed her cart next to me, I asked her if she wanted to go ahead . I was in no hurry to arrive at work an hour early. She explained with a smile that she was reviewing her purchases because they were part of gift baskets that she was making for a raffle to benefit some children whose mother had recently been killed in an accident. We briefly discussed this tragedy, and as I was leaving, I  handed her a bill to defray some of the costs of her purchases. We met again in the parking lot where we discovered that I had taught several of her nieces and nephews. It was a chance meeting early this morning, but this act of kindness seemed pre-planned as it all came together so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment