Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, June 21, 2013

June 21, 2013 New Adventures#Farewell

Farewell
Change can be exciting or frightening depending on circumstances and personality. I had been apprehensive about my final day at work for some time. I knew it would be emotional to leave a classroom I'd worked in for twenty-nine years and say goodbye to people I knew so well. I thought about slipping out the back door without a word after secretly leaving my keys in the office, but I needed closure on this chapter of my life. During this mental struggle, one of my seniors stopped by to extend well wishes. I know him well and could see he was also emotional about his upcoming changes. So, I suggested that we visit every employee we could find to wish them farewell with a final hug. Together, we made the rounds sharing tears, smiles, laughter, and bidding adieu. Au revoir, mes amis; until we see each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment