Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 18, 2013 Summer Camps for Children

Summer Camp, Oregon
My parents made the decision to send me to summer camp when I was ten years old. I was fine with the idea until I had to board that bus leaving my mother, my father, my siblings and all the familiar things at home. Amid tears and sobs, I climbed those steps and never looked back; it was the best decision possible for a shy little girl who didn't venture far. I was a camper and then a counselor at that camp for the next ten years learning outdoor skills and developing confidence in myself. I have traveled wide and far since those days long ago, always appreciating "home", but knowing that I  gain knowledge and understanding of the world around me through these adventures. Today I was able to make a donation to assist a child in paying for his camp expenses. I understand the impact this experience will have on this youngster because I have witnessed it first hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment