Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11, 2013 Students Making a Difference

Students setting up run course to benefit Heifer International
Many of my students are interested in organizing their own service projects to benefit others, and they often come to me searching for ideas or requesting assistance to put their plans into action.  I enjoy helping them define their goals and establish a process
to reach them. One student has been collecting bottles of toiletries to donate to a group who could distribute them. She and I discussed at length who would benefit from these supplies. After some research on the Internet, I told her I would make a phone call to see if our local aid group was interested. This afternoon I dropped off a large basket filled with shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, and soap at our Village Office where they will be given to those who need these items. I applaud the efforts of this teenager to help her fellow citizens. Her commitment to her community is commendable.

No comments:

Post a Comment