Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 6, 2013 Paying Compliments

My year long project is about random acts of kindness that I perform to brighten the lives of others. But today, during a school assembly, the tables were turned when I was presented with a beautiful scrapbook filled with messages from students (current and former) and my colleagues. I was overcome with emotion which  rendered me nearly speechless and on the verge of tears of joy. I am approaching retirement with much a mix of feelings that this public display of appreciation was overwhelming and deeply cherished.  Words of thanks do not do justice to express how much I value these personal notes. Please understand that I have been touched profoundly by this gift.

My Students,  Pisa, Italy
My own RAK today was sincere and basic. I took the time to tell a server in a Starbucks how beautiful her dress was. She beamed as she retold her co-worker my comment. Later, I complimented a salesclerk on her cute, chic haircut. She also, seemed genuinely touched by my words. Paying compliments is so easy,
and the rewards are recognized immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment