Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mar. 10, 2013 Looking for Spring

Late Winter in the Adirondacks
Just when you think spring is right around the corner, a cloudy, windy day presents itself proudly as if to brag that winter is not easily dismissed in this neck of the woods. Refusing to be daunted by this ugly sky, we took off for a local park to attempt a hike on the icy covered trails beneath the tree branches waving wildly overhead. Invigorating is the best description of this morning's walk; it certainly was not carefree as I struggled not to fall on the paths of ice. I hoped the afternoon would be more rewarding.  What is more soothing on a blustery late winter day than a cup of a hot beverage? I headed to the nearby city to run some errands with a good friend, and as we caught up on news we purchased some delicious chai tea at Starbucks. I decided that the driver behind me must also need a bright spot to his day,so I paid for his drink . Let's hope spring arrives soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment