Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mar. 13, 2013 Artists

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. ~Pablo Picasso

Italy
Despite the fact that my parents have exhibited an artistic ability, I have been unable to release any talent within myself. If it is there, it is extremely well hidden. Perhaps that is the reason that I so admire those with the capacity to draw, sculpt, or paint. It is almost magical how one can create an image on paper from an idea in the mind. The art teacher in my school not only has tremendous talent as an artist, she also has the gift for teaching others how to express themselves through art. I gave her two cards today. One card was to thank her for all she does with the students and request that she pass the second card on to someone who would appreciate a note from her. She immediately knew who the recipient would be. The world would be dull without its artists. We are fortunate that many will share their creations with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment