Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, March 25, 2013

Mar. 25, 2013 Tolerance

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good. ~Thomas Paine


The Cloisters, New York City
I am fortunate to work with many teenagers who show intelligence and promise as future leaders in their communities. One young woman, in particular shines as a role model among her peers. Although this individual is not one of my students, I have worked closely with her on many activities. I am always impressed by her kindness to others and her willingness to support those who need it. She has a heart of gold and a desire to bring people together. Many adolescents seek groups to find a sense of belonging; they fear rejection and prefer instead to conform to the cliques' demands. However, this  girl moves easily among the crowds encouraging all to participate. I gave her a message today explaining how much I appreciate her acceptance of everyone as well as her positive outlook on life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment