Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mar. 21, 2013 Nurses

Jeanne Mance, founder Hotel Dieu Hospital, Montreal
Years ago professional women had three primary choices of career: secretary, teacher, and nurse. Although I thought nursing would be a fascinating occupation, after two years as a candy striper in our local hospital, it was evident that this was not my calling. The smells nauseated me; the machines intimidated me; and the fear of making a deadly mistake convinced me that nursing was best left for someone else. My sister became a nurse. I have always admired her ability to act calmly in urgent situations while performing important actions to assist a person in need. I respect the knowledge nurses have and the caring way they are able to use their skills. Our school nurse is a personable young woman who always greets everyone with a smile and a sincere interest in their well being. I let her know today what an asset she is to our employees and students. Nursing is such an essential job, and certainly one which I could never do. Take a minute to tell the nurses you know how much you appreciate their dedication to their profession. They deserve our thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment