Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1, 2013 Public Service

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Confucius

Spring Flowers
Tonight I will be sworn in as a village board member.This is a position that I am approaching with both excitement and trepidation. I know little of local government, but I have the desire and motivation to make a difference in my community through this process. As I age, I have come to realize that the more I comprehend, the greater is my awareness that there is much of which I remain ignorant. A life spent learning is a life well lived! While I become familiar with the management of the village, I will rely heavily on the expertise of the the two office assistants who are always willing to answer my questions and share their wisdom. Today I brought them a bouquet of daffodils to brighten their desks and offer thanks for all the aid they will be giving me in these next months as I tackle my new responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment