Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 17, 2013 Economic Crisis in Education

Creativity, New Orleans
As much as I strive to be positive and uplifting, it is difficult today when it became official that several of my colleagues are losing their jobs. It is a situation which can not easily be avoided and on which it does little good to place blame. I have taken time to talk to these co-workers who represent the best in teaching- intelligent, caring, dedicated, professional. I want to wave a magic wand to right the wrongs that are occurring across the country which result in excellent teachers leaving their chosen profession. But, I do not possess this power,and all I can do is to let them know that I value them as friends and educators. They will be successful in whatever they choose to do; their outstanding qualities will be appreciated by future employers. In time, their future work endeavors will be rewarding and exciting because these are people who are creative and strong, but right now it simply makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment