Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, April 12, 2013

April 12, 2013 Snow in April

the van in winter
One can only describe snow in April with adjectives of dismay. It is the season to see leaves of daffodils and tulips stretching upward while parts of the lawn look slightly green. Alas, today all was covered by snow followed by rain and sleet and then another inch of snow. It simply postpones the arrival of spring which we so dearly need. As I left work this afternoon, the air was filled with a misty rain and fine flakes floating slowly down. The soupy slush on the pavement made walking treacherous, and I carefully skated through the mess to retrieve the snow scraper from my van. It felt good to be outside. I pushed the snow off the windows and noticed that this exercise was energizing me. So I moved to the next vehicle and removed the snow from it. About six cars later I realized that my pants were soaking wet. Time to go home! What a great way to end the week at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment