Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, April 19, 2013

April 19, 2013 Phone Call

The buses had pulled away; the seniors had driven off, and I was heading home when I saw a girl standing in the parking lot. Everyone has a phone in their possession these days, so I gave little thought to why she was there. Undoubtedly, she had  called a parent for a ride. But, she looked so solitary that I felt obligated to stop. I lowered the window to ask her if she needed  help. My intuitions were right - she had no phone and didn't know why her parents hadn't arrived to pick her up for an appointment. She borrowed my phone to call her mother who was able to straighten out the mix-up. It was a simple little gesture for which her mother later thanked me. Right place, right time, and a phone were all it took to offer assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment