Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, April 5, 2013

April 5, 2013 Vermont

Vermont
The State of Vermont is unique in many ways, and I always feel a connection to its land and people. My paternal grandmother's family settled here two hundred years ago. Although I was raised three thousand miles from the Green Mountain State, when I moved to the East, I was pulled to spending time in Vermont. Today a close friend and I were able to pass the day in Burlington. In one store I came upon a collection jar for a foundation called the Waterman Fund whose goal is to support education and programs to preserve the Northeast Alpine areas. This group has awarded many grants to organizations who work on taking care of these terrains.I left a small donation in the container to help them with their efforts. Take a minute to check out this group to see if you would like to get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment