Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 30, 2013 The Community Gathers for Sports

Many of my students participate in sports, and this spring is no exception. It is important to them that their teachers are interested  and will attend the games and meets. Today was a perfect opportunity for me to give a couple of hours of my time to view these athletes. The community is very supportive of athletics, so there were many spectators this afternoon.
First, I watched the JV baseball team while visiting with parents and cheering these boys on. Next, I went to the varsity baseball game to witness how well these young men play. Finally, I walked over to the track to observe a few races and jumping events. Attendance at these contests is a good reminder of how hard these teenagers practice and the pride they take in their performance. It is meaningful to see them in a setting outside of the classroom to appreciate their dedication to something they enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment