Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, April 11, 2013

April 11, 2013 The Open Door to RAK

An Old Fashioned Phone
Engaging in random acts of kindness is not difficult, but one must stay well aware of the happenings around you.Often this simply means stepping out of the comfortable box of routine and self concerns to perceive the needs of those nearby. I was not looking forward to today due to an appointment, but three things occurred in which I was able to brighten someone's day. First, we let a young woman cut in front of us at a restaurant, so she could eat with a friend. She seemed so surprised and grateful. Later, I noticed a handicapped woman in a wheel chair who could not reach the base of a land line phone to hang up the receiver. She was relieved when I helped her. And finally, I saw some keys fall from the parking attendant's pocket, and called his attention to them. He was very appreciative of my message. I did nothing special in these deeds except noticed that they could be accomplished.  Even on those days when one might think there will be no opportunity to spread actions, situations appear. Responding to them is nothing more than old fashioned common courtesy, but it sure makes all involved feel great!



No comments:

Post a Comment