Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 9, 2013 Optimism

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
 
A Sunny Day, Oregon
In a nation and a world beset with problems, it is difficult to find any joy. Even in our own communities, we have issues which result in loss of jobs, cultural cutbacks, and reduced services. Where is the sun amidst all this gloom? I search daily for the positive aspects around me, and I locate them in the students, colleagues, neighbors,family, and friends with whom I associate. I believe that hope is more practical than despair. There are those whose sunny personality and bright smile are so welcome when the negativity is drowning us. I took a moment to let a co-worker know today that I always appreciate her positive outlook and supportive comments. Optimism is a powerful tool when one decides to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment