Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1, 2013 Surprise Bouquet

Surprise Bouquet
I smiled in wonder at the bright bouquet that my husband carried in early this morning from the driveway. Who had left these lovely blooms during the night? Despite my questions to various people, the true gift bearer will remain unknown although I have an idea! I shout out a loud thank you to whomever offered these daisies. You made my day.

 Yesterday the quarterly payment for water services was due, and although our rates have remained steady, people still struggle to pay this bill. I  requested the help of the village secretaries for today's action, and of course, they were delighted to assist me. I asked them to anonymously select a family who works hard, but simply has troubling making ends meet due to difficult circumstances. My small amount will help a little to decrease some of their expenses. I know how tough it is when money is tight; it is my turn to aid those who deserve a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment