Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dec. 17, 2013 Double Deeds #Hairdresser

Winter, Marcy Dam, Adirondacks
My planned good deed was to generously tip my hairdresser. I've been going to the same salon for over fifteen years, and it is always fun to joke with the employees and other clients while being pampered. This is a profession which is valued by many women and often men, but can be taken for granted. My hairdresser was pleased with my offering today which is certainly well deserved. The random act of kindness also occurred at the salon when I met a young man whose father I know slightly and learned that he has big travel plans ahead of him. We spent several minutes discussing the pros and cons of modes of transportation. He had many questions for me about exploring Europe, and I enjoyed sharing advice with him.  The conversation took an interesting turn when we discovered that we both know a former student who now lives in New Zealand. It truly is a small world!


















No comments:

Post a Comment