Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dec. 4, 2013 Help#PostOffice

Montreal
I have traveled to many countries and found that the most ordinary tasks such as making a phone call, purchasing a ticket, or reading a time schedule can be daunting with language barriers and cultural differences, so today when I saw the perplexed look on the face of the woman in front of me at the post office, I quickly  offered to help. She was grateful for my assistance in mailing her letters, and as we walked out together , we chatted for a short time about the beautiful weather this morning. Her accent told me that she was French Canadian. These neighbors to the north are often mocked and even disliked by local citizens, but in my opinion, you will probably find as many kind, friendly ones as you would find Americans with those qualities. There are plenty; you just have to get to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment