Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Dec. 18, 2013 Giving and Receiving RAK at the Gas Station

Snowy Seats, Lake Placid, NY
When I ran into the co-owner of our local convenience store at the hardware store this morning, I figured I would see her again soon because I needed to buy gas, but I didn't tell her that I was stopping by her store. Maybe she guessed that I would be by in the next day or two because when I entered to pay for the gas, she handed me a bank deposit slip complete with our personal checking account numbers printed on it that I had inadvertently dropped in the post office. I was extremely grateful to her for seeing it and then holding it for me. In turn, I bought a beverage for the next person coming in for a warm drink on this wintry day. Although I had  intended to remain anonymous in this pay-it-forward gesture, as it turned out, the recipient caught up with me in the parking lot and thanked me profusely. It was that kind of day: one resident helping out another. The joys of living in a village where nearly everyone knows everyone.

2 comments: