Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Dec. 21, 2013 Christmas Treats

An ice storm was predicted for this weekend since the beginning of the week, so I made my plans early to bake today. I found recipes, bought ingredients, and cleared my schedule except for baking. It was relaxing to listen to the ice pinging off the windows knowing that I didn't have to go anywhere. After preparing several dozen cookies, I arranged some of them in holiday bags, threw on my coat, pulled on my boots, and headed outside to deliver them. It was somewhat treacherous to walk on the icy sidewalk, but I made it across the street where the little girl was delighted with her treats. Then, I went next door - no one home! So, I traipsed over to the following house - again, no answer. It was too risky to go much further. You can guess what I am doing tomorrow -slipping and sliding back to these homes with deliveries of cookies! Be safe, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment