Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, December 2, 2013

Dec. 2, 2013 Walking Slowly

The Flexibility of the Young!
There wasn't much space between the cars in the parking lot at the doctor's office. It was a tight fit getting in and out of a vehicle for an able bodied adult, but for a person with a mobility issue, it would be very difficult. I came out of the building at the same time as an older man who was walking very slowly with a cane. I could have sped up, and entered my car quickly, but instead I asked him where he was parked. He pointed to the car next to mine, so I gave him plenty of space and time to climb in. I think many of us take our ability to move around easily for granted, and as I waited patiently watching him struggle to maneuver into his car, I became well aware of how fortunate I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment