Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Dec. 25, 2013 #Christmas#Traditions

Traditional Tree
Family traditions are one of the most important parts of holiday celebrations. I was fortunate this year that two of my three children were able to be home for Christmas, and we could carry on the traditions we have developed over the years. The fence is around the tree; the stuffed animals sit in front of it; the manger is set up on the side table, and the stockings are hanging from their decorative metal hooks. I was excited to continue the rituals for another year. There will be times in the future when it may not be possible, and then we will create some new methods of celebrating these family times together. But for now, I am content to be surrounded by my loved ones and the customs we hold dear. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment