Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Friday, December 6, 2013

Dec. 6, 2013 Purple Hippo

The comfort of a blankie and a doll
It can be a fairly traumatic experience when a child loses a favorite blanket or a special toy. These items are security for a youngster. We had a bunch of missing Beanie Babies one summer, left inadvertently in a dresser drawer where they had been put for their nap, I assume. Fortunately, the hotel returned them, and now they sleep in our attic. Last week, we were informed that a child had lost a little hippo at our rental house. I searched high and low for this animal, finally telling them that I wasn't able to find it. Much to my surprise, as I was doing the wash, out fell a splash of purple. The hippo was resting among the sheets! I packaged up this beloved toy today, included a Christmas card, and mailed it. I think this tot will be mighty happy when this box arrives!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for finding the purple hippo! You made our daughter's day! She was so happy to open the box and see Hallie the hippo =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy when it fell out of the sheets! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete