Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dec. 19, 2013 My Birthday Acts of Kindness

Skiing on the Golf Course
I chose to focus on myself today which I hope you will not find too selfish, but being my birthday, I wanted to create the perfect day. My ideal day holds three requirements: to learn something, to give something, and to do something. In addition, talking to my family always brightens the day for me. I imagine you are wondering how it went, right? I learned that Grandma Moses said" Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be" when I reread the wonderful book called How Many People Does It Take To Make A Difference? One. I wrote two letters of recommendations for former students because if I can help make someone's dream of going to college come true  then I must try to help them. And finally, I went cross country skiing on the local golf course all alone, breathing in the fresh air, struggling to maintain my balance on the bumpy mounds of snow. Exercise is good for the soul. I gabbed on the phone with my family and my friends sent me heartfelt messages. It was the perfect birthday. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment