Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Jan. 1, 2013

 

Jan. 1, 2013

 
There are many people that come and go throughout life. It can be such a challenge to stay in touch especially when they move away. Today, I am focusing on friendship. We may take it for granted at times, but when it is fades, we realize how important it is to reach out and maintain the contact. I called a friend today who  left the area several months ago. I have been thinking of her often because she is the kind of friend who is always easy to talk to, mainly because she listens so well. We had shared many years together as our children grew up and still today care about each others’ families and futures. As soon as she answered the phone, I could sense the connections that friends have. It was as if we were seated in my kitchen together, the distance melting away. The minutes flew by as we talked, and when I hung up, I was happy. Friendship is an important part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment