Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jan. 15, 2013



Aging is an odd process. First we can't wait to get older, and then as the years fly by, we want time to slow down. There are many pre-conceived notions about the lives of teenagers, young adults, middle-agers, and senior citizens. Although most of these stereotypes are untrue, it is hard for many to accept others for who they are rather than how old they are. As the senior teacher in my school, all my colleagues are younger than I am. Most often the cool teachers are the young ones, and it is interesting to see how one is viewed as one ages in this profession. I work with  wonderful educators  who treat me as one of the group. In particular, there is one young woman who is wise for her years. She has a job which offers few feel good moments, but she continues to be a positive presence in the building. I gave her a small gift with a message of belief that she will continue to remove the thistles and plant the flowers.


All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower
wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.
Abraham Lincoln

2 comments:

  1. You are giving amazing gifts to your friends and fellow teachers. They are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete