Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, January 14, 2013

Jan. 14, 2013

World Trade Center Memorial at Breezy Point ,NY
Sometimes it seems that certain people are dealt  a myriad of challenges which would defeat a weaker person. Illness, accidents, financial concerns, unemployment, etc. all cause humans to wonder just how much they can bear. I know one woman who has remained strong despite a situation that would bring anguish and anxiety to many of us.  I asked her recently how she copes. Her response was a reflection of her faith. I found this quote today and gave her a copy on a small card which she can place on her desk. She appreciated my gesture, but more importantly, she showed me how she retains her resolve.

"Every tomorrow has two handles.
We can take hold of it
with the handle of anxiety or
the handle of faith."
Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment