Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jan. 22,2013 Dogs

Those who own dogs know what a powerful presence they maintain in a family. Their desire to be loved, to please, and to offer comfort is often unparalleled when compared to human interactions with each other. It is difficult to remain angry with a dog for long. This morning I knew my younger dog had committed a crime simply by observing her guilty demeanor.When I saw the plastic wrap on the floor, the plate teetering on the edge of the counter, and not a biscuit in sight, it was evident that she had consumed a midnight snack.But, this afternoon upon my return from work, she was wiggling wildly with a toy in her mouth and a pleading look in her eyes, hoping to play for a minute.. Then her companion, a twelve year old golden retriever, brushed gently against me and I understood our interdependent roles.

The loss of a pet is devastating; the sorrow runs deep. Some friends are coping with the recent death of their dog. Time will ease the sadness. I gave them a photo frame today in hopes that they can display a picture of their pet. May this always remind them of their beloved dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment