Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Jan. 12, 2013

I had to go grocery shopping today; although I didn't want venture out. But, I had written it on my to-do list, and if it goes on the list, it must be done. There is great satisfaction in crossing off the items listed, so I knew that it would nag me until I completed the task. Once I arrived at the store, I was perfectly content to be there. When you live in a small town, you should plan on about an hour at the supermarket regardless of the amount of groceries that you need. Stocking the larder may be the assumed purpose of your trip; however, the real event is the conversations you will have with all those present. We chat as if we are friends. Some of them I know, and others I have never seen before, but that isn't important as we stroll up and down the aisles sharing comments and smiles. When I reached the checkout line, the conversation continued with the clerks. They were intrigued when I told them keep the large store shopping bags that I had just purchased apart from the groceries. Then, as I was ready to leave, I handed one bag to the couple behind me, and the other bag was given to a woman in the next line. Their looks of surprise and thanks were all I needed to make my shopping experience complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment