Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Jan. 26, 2013

                                  The community which has neither poverty nor riches
                                  will always have the noblest principles.
                                  Plato

village park
At the heart of a community are the people with their needs and dreams. My village is quiet and calm. Some would call it boring, but I see a a collection of caring citizens who watch out for one another. After much contemplation, I have decided to run for a position on the village board. I believe that life in our village is what we make it, and I want to be someone who committed to creating a community which is safe, welcoming, and affordable for its residents. Today I spent three hours visiting homes to learn more about the issues. It was time well spent as I connected with these families. I look forward to more conversations as I begin this process.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Janet! We need caring individuals in our communities who work for the good of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Claire. I know that you care a great deal about the community you live in as well as the community you work in.

      Delete