Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jan. 8,2013

The sharing of tasks certainly makes for a lighter work load. This is particularly true when one worker has a skill which assists another. My colleague, Debbie, is an excellent typist. Her fingers fly across the keyboard; mine trip going from the space key to the caps key. She looks at the screen while I stare down searching for the correct letter. Fortunately, she types my numerous college letters of recommendation. I doubt that she realizes how I admire her skill and value her help. She saves me both time and frustration. A simple thank you doesn't cover my gratitude. Today, I shared my own skill with Debbie. I sew bags to be used for grocery shopping. Each bag is unique, washable, and large enough to hold many items. They are useful and unusual.I hope she likes the one I chose for her. I value the idea of using one's personal abilities to make an other's life easier.

A friend shared the following quote with me today:
"The good you do today,people will often forget tomorrow;do good anyway."
Mother Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Janet! I love that Quote from Mother Teresa. Your shopping bags are terrific!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post makes me think of all the people in my life who do so much for me. You have inspired me to "do good" for them. Your shopping bags sound great. I would love to see them sometime. I have always wished I could sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to show them to you any time.

    ReplyDelete