Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jan.6,2013

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every New Year find you a better person."
Benjamin Franklin

A new family moved into my neighborhood a few weeks ago. I didn't even notice their arrival. How can such an important event in the lives of a family go unseen by those living around them? It is far too easy to go about our daily routines remaining unaware of changes occurring right down the street.  Neighbors make up a community, and a community should be looking out for each other. I dropped by the newcomers house this afternoon with a little package and a big welcome. They seemed happy to see me, and I enjoyed the interaction with them. Stop by for a chat with your neighbors. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment