Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jan. 30, 2013

Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.
Aristotle

Friends enjoying lunch
This year has been difficult in the field of education. Faculty, staff, administrators, and students are all feeling pressured and overwhelmed. More than ever, we need to lean on each other for support and understanding. Unfortunately, in a profession which is centered on caring and nurturing, we often neglect to take the time to connect with one another. I have seen very little of one of my closest colleagues this year. We haven't found the time to visit due to several reasons, but I miss her company. Today I sent her a little note expressing my appreciation and admiration for her in all the roles she plays - mother, teacher, friend. Take a minute to let your co-workers know you recognize their strengths and enjoy their company.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to connect with colleagues who I've been too busy to see. Love all of your pictures. They bring your blog to life.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete