Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Jan. 4,2013

It is easy to overlook the problem of hunger in the United States. There seem to be plenty of shoppers in the supermarkets and diners in the food courts.  We hear of food shelves and soup kitchens serving the needy, but one can avoid seeing first hand this clientele taking advantage of the service by not frequenting locations that host these programs. Today I couldn’t and wouldn’t ignore the hungry child in front of me. She hadn’t brought a lunch and had no money. I insisted that she take a few dollars to buy a meal. Although at first she refused, she soon relented by saying that she would repay me next week. She smiled when I ask her to pay it forward to someone else who would need lunch money in the future.

1 comment:

  1. This touched my heart. I will be following your posts :)

    ReplyDelete