Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jan. 16, 2013

The family reading
I don't remember learning to read. Words and pictures have always fascinated me. Those little squiggles with spaces on the page can bring one to tears, provoke laughter, and open doors to unlimited knowledge and faraway lands. A book is always a new adventure into which I step impatiently wanting to become acquainted with its characters, drama, and setting. I soon become one with the story, a speck of dust in the corner keenly observing the lives unfolding.Reading opens the mind, challenges it, and pushes one to step outside of the comfort zone. Today I gathered some of my books, and left them for my co-workers to take. I believe a book should be shared. Perhaps you have some that are waiting to be passed on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh a terrific idea Janet! I think I'll do the same at my school. Thanks for the idea!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your colleagues will be so happy to read your books!

      Delete