Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jan. 10,2013

Today when I stopped for gas before leaving the village to drive three hours for a doctor's appointment, I met a woman I hadn't seen in several years. She was seated alone in the restaurant section of the gas station. At first I simply waved to acknowledge her, but something compelled me to approach her. She needed to talk, and I listened carefully as she described some very serious medical problems she is facing. I could sense the fear and distress in her voice. I wanted desperately to do something to help her, but all I could offer was an attentive ear. This chance encounter sent me a powerful message: there is always someone worse off than you, and they need someone to confide in. I was the person she sought today, and in turn, this woman showed me that it is important to keep our own problems in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment