Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jan. 23, 2013

To describe today as cold is an understatement. At a morning temperature of -15, it was frigid, bone-chilling, raw, and dangerous. The air was not crisp; it was brittle. I gathered all the hot chocolate packets I could find in the kitchen and started heating water as soon as I arrived at work. Then when the first students entered my classroom with numb fingers and toes, I offered them steaming cups of cocoa.

Once again I witnessed the power of a sincere compliment. You never know how strongly your positive words may affect someone. Take the time to tell others that their good work and actions are appreciated.



Marcy Dam


In the depth of winter I finally learned that
 there was in me an invincible summer.

Albert Camus

1 comment: