Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11, 2013 Four Legged Friends

Soleil
Acts of kindness should not be limited to humans; our four legged companions are nearly always deserving of benevolence. Regardless of the weather, the stock market, the petty drama, and all the other issues that people can complain about, our pets are at the door wiggling wildly and overjoyed to welcome our arrival. I look forward every day to the greeting our two dogs give us. Our younger golden retriever has been out of sorts recently. We have been gone frequently, but the major problem is that her older "sister" is in failing health. They can no longer romp in the yard, and, in fact, the older one can barely walk. My act of kindness today was centered on this beautiful, spontaneous six year old golden. We played ball next to the house, went for a long walk, and finished by devouring a treat - dog biscuit for her and cookie for me. Meanwhile, the old golden is content to have me sit next to her on the floor and gently rub her head. The unconditional love from a dog is powerful.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,

    I just found your blog from your comment on http://www.oprah.com/spirit/35-Little-Acts-of-Kindness. It's so refreshing to come here at the end of my day and see the things that you do for others, and for the little things others do for you that you notice and appreciate. Wishing you well as you keep us posted!

    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Belinda,
      Thanks for your kind words. My year long act of kindness project has been so rewarding personally. I love looking for opportunities to brighten someone's day. I am glad you are enjoying it.
      Janet

      Delete