Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013 Post Cards

Lake Champlain
I was anticipating a kayak outing this morning as I stopped by a nearby store to pick up a couple items. The carousel of postcards drew my attention. Do people still send these old-fashioned glossy images with scarcely enough room for a brief message, I wondered. I suppose a photo message sent via a smart phone is more common, but there is excitement in receiving mail that has traveled from one place to another and been delivered by a real human. I bought four of those quaint cards depicting my neck of the woods, put stamps on them, and decided to distribute them today. One went to my kayak buddy, a dear friend, who makes me smile. I gave the second one to a friend in the grocery store and got a hug in return. The third card was placed under the wiper of a car from Iowa, and the last one, I handed to a couple from Colorado. They all seemed enthusiastic about choosing a friend to write to. I bet the recipients will think our region is lovely. What a gorgeous view we had of the lake and the distant mountains from our kayaks. Sometimes one doesn't have to travel far to find beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment