Serenity of the Sea

Serenity of the Sea

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 31, 2013 5K Run#fundraising

Fund Raising Run, New York
I have had a great deal of experience in organizing community events from skating shows to hockey tournaments and spaghetti dinners. So, when I was asked to help a grieving mother put together a 5K run in memory of her daughter who was recently killed while jogging, I knew that I needed to do this. I met with the woman and her daughter's friend for an hour and a half today discussing all the practical decisions that must be made- date, shirts, awards, PR, etc., and behind the entire conversation was the sorrow that a young woman was taken too soon from her family. I admire the determination of this mother to make sure that her daughter's memory will live on, both in the well-being of the husband and three children who survive, and in the playground that the collected funds will help build. This was the first of many meetings we will have to plan this event. I hope my organizational experience will make it a success for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment